The environmental education activities
The environmental education activities, carried out by qualified personnel and AIGAE guides (Italian Association of Environmental Hiking Guides pursuant to Law 4/2013), are aimed at school groups of all Orders and Grades but also for Families. The activities are structured in modules:
- THE GARDEN OF SMELLS:
The module is dedicated to the knowledge of aromatic plants and their properties through a sensory visit and playful activities inside the Garden.
- CARTOGRAPHY AND ORIENTATION:
The module is dedicated to the knowledge of the topographic map and the compass and will allow you to put into practice notions of a scientific and technical nature.
- PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES OF ORIENTATION AND BOTANY:
The module is dedicated to the knowledge of the topographic map and the compass and the spontaneous flora of the place and will allow you to put into practice notions of a scientific and technical nature.
- THE SEASONS OF THE FOREST:
The module is dedicated to the perception of the transformations of the environment through the senses, with observations aimed at the recognition, the variation of the species and the color change.
- THE LITTLE NATURALIST:
Activity that allows a general view on orientation, provides tools and methods useful for correct behavior in the field and knowledge of the territory they will visit, through the analysis of the sounds of the forest, the collection of materials, recognition of animal traces and tree species.
- THE FACES OF TREES
The module is dedicated to distinguishing trees according to their characteristics, underlining the differences between deciduous and evergreen trees; creation of objects with natural material.
- THE PLASTERS:
The module is dedicated to the study and observation of chalky karst phenomena active in the R.N.I. “Grotta di S.Ninfa”, through excursion and practical activity.
- DAYS IN NATURE
Days in nature include a half-day guided tour and scheduled activities.
- THE GARDEN IN THE VASE: planting of seasonal plants and creation of their labels.
- CREATE IN NATURE: I touch, create, invent: creative activities with natural objects
- FOLLOW THE BOTANICAL TRACK: Orientation and identification game of tree species with botanical cards.
- RECYCLE AND CREATE: creation of objects by recycling plastic, paper, glass, cans
- THE WORLD AT THE MICROSCOPE: laboratory activity with microscope observation of small insects and parts of plants.
- MAKE THE NEST: an activity that involves the creation and installation on the trees of the Woods Windows of artificial feeders and nests for wild birds
- CREATE A BAT HOUSE: activity that involves the creation and installation of shelters for bats on the trees of Bosco Finestrelle.
- NATURE WALK: Guided excursions and recreational and educational activities in natural reserves in the province of Trapani and Palermo.